Revised from the Canadian Contingent Paintball Club charter~ revised from Durty Dan
The Purpose Of The Charter
The Purpose of the Charter is to establish a standard of safety and behaviour for current and potential members of Team Skitzo. The team currently enjoys the ability to play on all fields. This treatment is mainly because the team has established and maintained a regimen of safe play and courteous behaviour. With this in mind, the Charter has been established to firmly set guidelines expected of current members and to gauge the acceptability of potential and new members.
The Team Skitzo places safety above every other aspect of the game. Club members will strive to ensure other players are behaving in a safe manner. With the permission of local field staff, the Club will aid in monitoring player safety. Proper safety procedures are outlined in the Team Skitzo Rules of Play.
Player Attitude & Behaviour
In order to maintain an excellent reputation, Team Skitzo shall NOT tolerate the following from its members:
1. Unsafe behaviour;
2. Abusive behaviour and/or language;
3. Treating new or inexperienced players like "cannon fodder" and engaging in the distasteful practice of "squid-bashing";
4. Inflicting intentional head-shots on opponents;
5. Individually inflicting deliberate multiple hits on opponents;
6. Any form of cheating or wilful breaking of local field rules;
7. Arguing with field staff; and
8. Any other form of behaviour that is offensive to another player or team member (within reasonable parameters).
Team members will endeavour to do the following, every time they play:
1. Help newer players with their equipment where and when they can;
2. Because newer players can be intimidated by even the sight of an experienced player, when playing as walk-ons, Club members shall attempt to alleviate any apparent fears or misconceptions newer players may have about the game itself or Club members and their equipment;
3. Endeavour to provide some leadership, help and encouragement for newer players during actual play;
4. Promote good sportsmanship and fair play;
5. With the permission of local field staff, aid in the monitoring of safe playing habits; and
6. Any other helpful or courteous act, when the opportunity should arise.
Membership is restricted to those who adhere to the letter and spirit of the Rules and Charter established by the Team Skitzo Paintball Club. Membership is not "lifetime", and ALL current members are on permanent probation. Those who do not strive to abide by the letter and spirit of the Rules and Charter will not be considered for future events and play days. Members who bring guest(s) out to Club events shall assume responsibility for that guest or guests.
The Team Skitzo reserves the right to deny any player the opportunity to play with the Club during any future playing days. The Club will not tolerate any player whose actions in any way adversely affect the hard-earned reputation the Club presently enjoys.